Saturday, May 10, 2008

First Blog

Well this is my first blog and i'm pretty sure that no one knows I exist on here but I wanted to start one to keep people updated with my missions trip to Ecuador.

So if you are reading this you may or may not know that I have been accepted to serve in Quito, Ecuador with International Teams here is the website if you want to know more http://www.iteams.org/index2.shtml I will be leaving in Jan 09, God willing of course and I will be serving at El Refugio Retreat center. It is basically what I do now (being an intern @ Point) but in Spanish. Here is the exact description from the website: Hacienda El Refugio: A 320 acre training and retreat center 30 minutes from Quito. We use a blend of outdoor adventure and nature to build and equip leaders and to expose people to God.

Currently I am busy sending out support letters, trying to make meetings, and learning Spanish. These are my three main prayer requests. My Spanish is very poor and I can not figure out for the life of me how to get Spanish Words typed on the computer.

Well this is enough blogging for me till next time

7 comments:

ses said...

I love that I clicked the blog and saw that I made your list! Know that I'm praying for you and ready to support you in any way possible. Remember if you need to bunk at the snow's for a bit - you are welcome. really. love you megs!

Mrs. Johnson's 4th grade said...

yay megan!
welcome to blog world :)
can you put a picture of sara's puppy and some camp pictures up on your blog?
i'm having camp withdrawl! :)
i hope nature programs are going well!
say hi to everyone for us!
love, kevin and linnea

Elsa Johnson said...

Hey Megan...

I'm glad you have a blog. It'll be fun to see what you're up to in Ecuador. We'll be praying for you in your support raising, training and your preparing for everything!

Elsa

bcpecotte said...

hey megan...i found you on the blog and can't wait to hear more...keep the updates coming!

Kendra Wheeler said...

Hi Megan!!! I am so glad that you are on here! I am also so excited that you are doing some missions work! I can't wait to hear about it.

hannah joy said...

come on booger...let's get some updates!

Mrs. Johnson's 4th grade said...

Megan,
I have added you to our links. Now you are at least connected by way of the johnson family.
Hope to see you soon.