Friday, January 16, 2009

Crunch Time


The past two days school has been canceled because of cold weather. Which sad for me because I was scheduled to sub of those days.

But living in Iron River is never dull even with cold weather. Last Sunday the Sr High youth group went up to the Paulding Light. We had alot of fun with the light. Many theories were construde about how the light came to be. We surprisingly kept warm (hiking toward the light helped). Here is a picture of everyone enjoying some hot chocolate out of the back of the van.



So last weekend I realized that I had not gotten any of my vaccinations yet. Whoops! Of course, this past week has been me scurrying to figure out what I needed to get and where I could get them. I have to get many shots: hep. a & b, yellow fever & tyhpoid (i decided to skip out on the rabbis one) and some yummy malaria pills. The vaccinations have been a little bit stressful to think about because they are so expensive but I suppose less expensive then if I was to actually get one of the diseases they are protecting me from.

1 comment:

The Daintys said...

Almost time to go, huh? How exciting! Beware - when Ryan and I went to Haiti the malaria pills gave us crazy dreams!