Saturday, February 14, 2009

Brilla Jesus

Now I came up with the title of this blog last Sunday. I went to an all Spanish Speaking Church and I just prayed that I would know a song that they were singing and then bam Brilla Jesus came up, aka Shine Jesus Shine (they even clapped!) haha it made me very happy.

Anyway I made it to Ecuador. I spent my first days haning out in Quito. I got to go to "the middle of the earth" aka the equator, the Brasilica (a beautiful church)-i got to climb on the roof of it and just walk around Quito. I stayed with the Jensings. They are missionaries who are here to take care of the interns that come to Quito. They are amazing people and I loved getting to know them and their kids.

Finally I went to El Refugio. It is in Calacali, Ecuador. I am living in a cabin by myself which i mentioned before. I am for the most part moved in but i haven't decorated yet. I found out why they let me come and be an intern. I was told I was hired for my high ropes and outdoor education experience (no pressure or anything haha). My main job will be developing the outdoor education program which they are just starting. We are working on making a bird class. I was a little nervous that they would be disappoitned about my high ropes experience but thankfully my memory served me well. I got to repel for the first time and I loved it!

Some random things that I have done since I got to Ecuador: I went to a curves class haha it was great. One of my coworkers had a birthday this past week and had a crash course in Spanish and tonight I am going dancing.

My Spanish is improving alot everyone has shown me alot of grace. Since alot of Ecuadorians are learning English we practice together. It's hard but good.

Sorry there are so many words and no pictures. I waited so long to blog because I wanted pictures. Soon I will show some.

2 comments:

Mrs. Johnson's 4th grade said...

Sounds like things are going well. And look at how much you have written on your blog. Nothing but smiles from our neck of the woods. Hope all is well and remember to take some time and practice you swiss seat.
Johnson

Kendra Wheeler said...

Hi Megan...I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you. I am glad to hear that things are going well and that you are getting settled in to your new home. You are in my prayers!!