Friday, February 6, 2009

Mutliple Languages Beautiful or Frightening...both

I loved my time in Chicago but it was way to short. There are too many people that I love and not enough time to see all of them. I'm sorry if I didn't get to see you (or if I missed a lunch with you). I wanted more time to just stare at people (sara & heather you know what I mean). But soon I will be back and be back to watching Felicity in the U.P. And for those of you who I missed perhaps I shall see you this summer or next fall.

When I was repacking I thought I did such a great job of not over packing too many clothes. It doesn't look like alot right? But by the end of my packing adventure I had to rethink my previous thought.
This was my view sitting at O'hare waiting for my flight to Miami International. Please note how awesome the Chicago skyline is in the sunrise.
I stepped off the plane into another country. Which one I'm not sure there were two many different languages to tell because I was actually just stepping off into Miami International. A Miami newspaper is featured below (I understood about half of it)


But I have already been able to test my Spanish. And by test my Spanish I mean I hear people speak Spanish and then I translate it in my head. The first phrase that I heard and understood was Estoy frio, mucho FRIO! (she yelled it) Also I was able to pick out the word tomorrow in a fast pace sentence...oh I know haha. I'm going to do great in Ecuador they will love me.


Well I can't believe that by tonight I will be in Ecuador. I go through waves of thinking man I'm going to Ecuador, this is really happening. I'm not real anxious or nervous I am really just waiting... so the next time that I blog it will be from Ecuador!

1 comment:

Jenny said...

MEGAN! I love your blog- it's beautiful. I can't wait to read your first post in Ecuador. Kyle is back in the UP and life is 1,000 times better, but I still miss you. There was a Megan shaped hole at Crossroads tonight!